Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It’s a slippery slope I ride

Monday January 21st through Sunday January 27th

This past week I attended 4 spinning classes, did one short outdoor ride and rode my trainer 1 time for a total of 92.38 miles.  I’m still on I-76 approaching Washington, PA.  I should be able to work my way into Ohio by next week and leave Pennsylvania behind!

Progress Status:  Ahead of schedule
Total Miles Rode:  348.2
Miles Remaining:  2407.1

Ride Notes:  My legs must be getting used to riding this much as I feel good and my legs aren’t as tired as they first were when I started.  I’m very happy with my progress and I am about 150 miles ahead of schedule!

This past Friday I had to go into work at 5:00am so as a result I was able to go home by the early afternoon.  The temperature was a balmy 48 degrees for January and I was ready for another outdoor ride.  I got not more than a mile into my ride when I realized it probably wasn’t going to be a good idea.  I ran into a few lightly snow covered areas that were in the shade.  Those areas of the trail did not bother my riding.  However, where the snow had melted and froze again across the trail was the real problem.  The first patch of ice I encountered got me worried, but I thought to myself that I would probably only run into one or two more of these.  I was wrong.  It seemed like about every 100 feet of trail there was 20 feet of ice.  I turned around and cut my ride short.  I’m hoping for more warm weather to melt this damn ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment